Life is sweet and full. BUT sometimes I make things bigger than they should be and that can be troubling. Seriously, EVERYONE on Instagram is living a MUCH better life than me?! That person just cut me off in traffic; I’m late, and I have nothing to wear. Nothing good ever happens to me. Drama. Here’s how I ditch the negative and find happiness:
- Get Lost. Get off social media. Especially Instagram. People put their best face on, so you’ll only see the highlights. Someone is always getting married, traveling around the world, getting a promotion AND a raise and you are just sitting on the couch counting your few dollars for gas. Get lost in the peace and quiet. Be present and alone with you.
- Write It Down. It’s so much easier to complain. It’s so much easier to talk about all the bad things. So, I love to type up a little note to myself about all the amazing things. You’ll be surprised by how blessed you are. Write everything and smile while you are doing it. I mean everything. That one time in 4th grade when you got a ribbon for perfect attendance, or when your mom gave you $200 in college for books and sent you a care package. Everything.
- Give Generously. Giving is the quickest way to be happy. It’s like instant happiness. Give from your heart. It might not be money or gifts. It could be your time, your talent, or a nice phone call to a loved one. Whatever it is, give. Give of yourself, and not just to nice people. Bless your enemies too. The best advice I’ve ever received from someone was to give especially when you have nothing.
- Talk To the Future You. I’ve done/do this SOOO much. It empowered me when I had a job that just wasn’t for me. Everyday I would tell myself about how amazing my future is and how things are going to workout. I would imagine a better life and talk about it. I would just talk myself up. Be my own hype man. If no one else is in your corner, you need to be. The future you could be 5, 10, 20 years down the road, or the future you could be an hour away. Speak life and positivity. You’ll feel like a butterfly.
- Run Your Own Race. Comparison is a sneaky thief of happiness. Just avoid it at all cost. You are special. Unique. You have something to offer. Be You. You have everything you need for this time in your life. Be confident in that.
I hope your day is amazing! I know mine will be.