In 2014 I traveled, got married, bought a car, was featured in Tribeza and Refinery29, joined a church, and paid off ALL my student loans. I learned CSS. I learned how to make chicken tortilla soup and it was the best thing ever. I ran a few 5ks, started a diary, and the list goes on. I LOVED 2014. What a fantastic year! Though I’m grateful for all these things, the BEST part of 2014 was the people in my life: my husband, family, friends, and co-workers. You all are truly the greatest people on the planet, and I’m so happy to know you.
Okay. Enough mushy. Here’s what needs to happen in 2015 asaptually- a new word I learned from Meagan.
- Homegirl needs to leave the country! This passport needs more stamps. I’m thinking Bali, Budapest, or Costa Rica. Let me be great like Anthony Bourdain or at least Gary Pepper or Tuula Vintage. At Least. Who am I kidding? They are just as well-traveled.
- Bike through the city at night with Austin Social Cycle. Note to self: need glow sticks and neon bike things.
- Run a Half Marathon. Austin Marathon maybe? That’s in like 2 months! Yikes. Enough with the 5ks and 10ks. I’m looking for a full-grown race. Oh wait, that would be a 26.2 mile run. Never mind. I’m good with the adolescent race. Halfsies it is.
- Learn to make Étouffée. Make my grandma proud. Mangez bien. Am I creole or nah?
- Blog at least twice a week. I’m kinda already doing this but… let’s be real. I can improve.
- Change my last name. Shame. I know.
- Read one book a month. Or at least start one. I still haven’t finished that David Sedaris one. Gone Girl got in the way. If you are an avid reader leave me some suggestions.
- Meatless Monday! I want to try this. I’ve done it a few times, and I think I could do it a whole year.
- Simplify my wardrobe. I have some stuff that
hasneeds to go. In general, I need to shop smarter. Stick to classics. Chill on the crazy prints and colors. Splurge when necessary.
- Keep my stupid plants alive. I’ve killed four. There are only 3 hanging in there right now. I just discovered plant food. #horticultural
- Start that YouTube channel my friend and I keep talking about. Ginny? Girl. We doing this or what?
- Take a ballet class at Ballet Austin.
- Make Marcos swim with me in Jacob’s Well. I don’t think this is asking for much, M. Let’s just do it already.
- Petition to be Molly’s blog photographer. You guys haven’t heard of Molly yet, but you will. She is the amazing, crafty, DIY chick who is going to take over the world of blogging. Look out Almost Makes Perfect and Damask Love.
- Stay Here. If you tell me I can live in a treehouse high above the ground overlooking the hill country, I will do cartwheels in a monkey suit.
- Host a backyard barbecue the way CamilleStyles would. She’s perfect.
- Give and Gift like Cristina does. My friend Cristina gives the most thoughtful gifts and she is one of the kindest people I know. In 2015, I want to be more giving of my time, my money, my faith, my attention, my talents, whatever it maybe. I don’t want to follow the crowd of self.
- Build a good relationship with my Little. I haven’t met her yet. The process is crazy long. I hope we are a great match. I hope she likes me. 🙂
- Treat Marcos to a Cowboys weekend. He loves them, so I guess.
- Get to know the people in our church. We just joined. We know a few people. We need to get more involved. No man is an island.
- Spend more time with my family. I’m thinking those people I grew up with might be able to recognize me. I’m not certain.
- Patience. Discipline. Trust. I want to remember to chill in traffic, not to over indulge, and know that I’m in good hands.
- Find a mentor. Someone out there knows better than I. I’d like to met her and take her out for coffee.
- Get clear skin. Man. This NEEDS to happen. I refuse to enter 2016 with troubled skin.
- Take care of my relationships. Husband. Family. Friends. Co-workers. I need to catch up. Again, make my grandma proud.
What are your resolutions, hopes, dreams, plans, or to-dos for 2015?